Listen and learn before it's too late.  

Posted by: The Lioness in , ,

On a day where fights and confusion filled the air, I have forgotten to listen, learn and observe the many things that I usually pay attention to.

You know how sometimes you can just hear things and not really understand what they mean? When you get scolded or in a fight, people just let everything in one ear and go out in the other. We don't usually understand the what, why and how of those situations. We just let it flow like the wind, unseen, felt and taken for granted.

Do you see how the many languages used in the world, most of them are taken for granted? I remember watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, and was struck by what Carmen had to say something about it. She was rehearsing her lines with a fellow actor, and she said something that goes, why don't we talk like this anymore? By this, she meant talking with the Renaissance language, filled with romance and mystery.

Love Sonnet 116


Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments; love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no, it is an ever-fixèd mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his heighth be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.



Have you listened with your eyes and heard with your heart? Now this I might get a beating from the grammar experts. Moments wherein you find yourself relying heavily on the sense of seeing and by merely observing, you catch yourself learning a lot more than you expected. I find myself lost in the meaning, as if someone was singing to me in a foreign language, yet I can still understand it through the feelings it has evoked in me.

Listening is different from hearing. By just hearing, I fail to understand the truth; I fail to see the whole picture. Listening, on the other hand, is like a door that brings to you a lof of mysterious opportunities.

I fear though that I have listened too much and have stumbled on certain information that can either make me or break me. To think that I, myself, thought that I have thrown it all away as the wind passed by my window several years ago.


Happy birthday donkey..



"Louder, louder, and we'll run for our lives.
I can hardly speak, I understand.
Why you can't raise your voice to say?"
- Run by Snow Patrol

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment