Blood is thicker than water.  

Posted by: The Lioness in

We all go through our familial problems every now and then. Questions that start with the, "4 w's and h," are often heard of during these times.

Sometimes, I just want to roar like the lioness that I am and make them stop. Who am I kidding? My family won't listen to me.

Case in point, my cousin. Now I love her to pieces, she's like a sister to me. However, as the years went by, along with the years of playing, "Tatay, Nanay, gusto ko ng tinapay..." Our relationship has slowly found it's way under the icy waters of the arctic deep. Don't get me wrong, I haven't done anything at all. In fact, I was the one who pushed her to be more of an extrovert, rather than an introvert. Gone were the days when she'd insist I should hang out with her friends, who became my closest friends in the process and was with them 24/7. Nowadays, I'd just find out that these friends hung out, and would ask why I wasn't there. Well, the cousin intentionally didn't tell me. So I just sit there dumbfounded, and puzzled how this happened. It takes a lot of effort to talk to her, let her know what's new with my life, and ask her about hers. Usually, it's just one word answer, that totally defeats the purpose. Makes me wonder, where did this come from? I'd rather not confront her, because, I'm just really tired with all of this.

Another is my aunt. Now, I'm absolutely clueless as to why she puts out all of her past-teenage-angst-of-yesteryears on me. She's sour-graping on how my grandparents treated her, treated my aunt and my mom. Take note, she says, that she wasn't really looked at with favor. I get that it happens to the most perfect of families, but seriously, put it all out on your niece? I get that she has to be responsible for me, or she needs to look out for me, but insult me and laugh about me in public. One more time for the dumbfounded and dumbstruck lioness.

Argh.

I wish I could go on and on, but time's running out. So many errands, and yet so little time for them to be done.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Ohohohohhhh believe me I know wayyy too much what it's like to have a farked up family. Immediate, extended and super extended. ;p
They're your family, so you love them, but sometimes you wonder why, right?
What's important is you tell them what you feel/think, I guess. If they can't take it, it's not your responsibility anymore. As adults, we should all be able to act as adults, family or not...

haha Darling, believe me, if and when I try to talk to to them, it'll cause an even more controversial uproar. I don't think they'll be ever ready to talk about these things. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Post a Comment